photo home_zpsd143792f.png photo About_zpsce4e5ab7.png photo portfolio_zps5df6240e.png photo NavBar5Photos_zpsc8efe369.png photo contact_zps2ba4ac0e.png

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

One Pot Pasta - Pinterest Challenge #5

I am sorry for posting I was back and I didn't come back! Life has been super busy for me! Between baby #4's doctor appointments, summer activities with my kids and keeping up with my Etsy shop, I've been slammed!

Today I just wanted to share a super easy recipe I made from Pinterest this last week.
I needed something quick and delicious and this recipe didn't disappoint! It involves easy ingredients that you definitely have on hand. Try it, you'll love it!

One Pot Pasta


Image Source: Apron Strings


Ingredients:

12 ounces linguine pasta
1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with liquid
1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
2 large sprigs basil, chopped
4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (NOT low sodium)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Parmesan cheese for garnish

How to Make It:
  1. Combine the pasta, vegetables, and basil in a large stock pot. Add the vegetable broth. Sprinkle the pepper flakes and oregano on top, and drizzle everything with oil.
  2. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Keep it covered and reduce to a low simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so, until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Leave about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot, or reduce as desired.
  3. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring the pasta several times to distribute the liquid. Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4-6

You will love how delicious and easy this recipe is, I give it a 

 photo PinWorthy_zpse15de8b2.png
status and hope you'll try it! I'm glad to be back and hope to get to blogging regularly again!
I have some cute and simple baby boy crafts in the works. I can't wait to share them with you.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

 photo Signature_zps1e74ebf3.png

No comments:

Post a Comment