photo home_zpsd143792f.png photo About_zpsce4e5ab7.png photo portfolio_zps5df6240e.png photo NavBar5Photos_zpsc8efe369.png photo contact_zps2ba4ac0e.png

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fall Crafts - Pinterest Challenge #7

It's been raining all day here in our sweet little town. I love the feeling of a rainy day and was in the mood to get my Fall decorations out and get a few Fall crafts completed. So I did!

I have to say, Pinterest is dangerous for holiday decor, I could waste a lot of time pinning, and I do, but I make sure to try to complete most of my pins!
Each of these items were DIY and it cost me less than $11 for all three! I know, awesome right?! Those, my friends, are successful pins and craft projects. I threw these in my Pinterest Challenge because they were so easy and cute and perfect for you to try out!

My first challenge/interest was a Monogram wreath I'd pinned completed by Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous. (See her post HERE.) She did a little bit different version, but after seeing it, I wanted to make my own. I loved how mine turned out!

 photo FallWreath_zps0b926529.jpg

This was my costly craft, but it wasn't super expensive!
Here's what I used:
1 Grape Leaf Wreath - $4.99
Wooden Letter H - $3.00
Orange Paint - $.99
Burlap Ribbon - $1.89
Flowers, leaves and spray - I had on hand
Total project cost: $10.87

Onto my next completed project.
I had been eyeing these adorable mason jar lid pumpkin by Kristin at Yellow Bliss Road. (See her post HERE.)
It's canning season for us here and once I saw this pin, I pinned it and knew I had to do it! Luckily for me, Mr. H's Mom is my neighbor and an amazing canner. She had tons of rusty lids for me to use! This pumpkin was super easy and FREE!
I used about 25 lids, tied it together with some curling ribbon, added a cinnamon stick broken in half and used some of the burlap ribbon from my wreath to make the cute leaves! Another craft, DONE!

 photo canninglidpumpkin_zps1227ac27.jpg

The last and final craft I completed today was my Maple Leaf Art.
This was another pin I saw and new I had to make. Chris at Just a Girl was my inspiration for this one. See her post HERE. Her version was way bigger and she used acutal leaves. Again, I used what I had on hand and needed it to fit on my shelf in my living room. So this is an 8x10 version.

 photo MapleLeafArt_zps7c157796.jpg

First I printed a maple leaf shape off of my computer onto a regular sized piece of paper. Then I glued leaves I had in my fall supplies to make the shape of the maple leafe. I finished it off with a small twig for the stem and Wah-lah! a completed Art piece perfect for me shelf!

I am in a serious crafting mood and happened to put all my Fall decor up today to! I am so anxious for Fall (which technically comes on Sept. 22nd) and more anxious to keep this cooler weather around. It just means we are closer and closer to meeting our new little guy and I can't wait!

If you enjoyed these links and photos and want to follow my Fall Pinterest Board, click HERE.
I give each of these tutorials and pins a:
 photo PinWorthy_zpse15de8b2.png
status, hopefully you will too! Happy Fall everyone!
 photo Signature_zps1e74ebf3.png




No comments:

Post a Comment