photo home_zpsd143792f.png photo About_zpsce4e5ab7.png photo portfolio_zps5df6240e.png photo NavBar5Photos_zpsc8efe369.png photo contact_zps2ba4ac0e.png

Friday, October 26, 2012

Frugal Friday - Be Prepared!


Photobucket
Did you miss me yesterday?! I apologize for not posting, I had a long day!

Mr. H and I went into the city to take our kids to see Hotel Transylvania. We were shopping at Walmart and all of the sudden the power went out and we were all asked to hurry and leave before their backup generators ran out of power.

We left only to find that the whole city lost power. THE WHOLE CITY!! We couldn't eat anywhere, get gas, finish our shop, let alone go to a movie! It really had us thinking about what we would do if this happened in our small town.

My short but sweet message to you today is this...BE PREPARED. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we are taught Emergency Preparedness and how to become self reliant. It is one of the things I appreciate most about my religion. Thankfully, because of that, I have begun our little family's plan to prepare for teh worst. And I have pinned numerous ideas on my Pinterest board because of it! Here are just a few frugal ideas to get you started:




There are many more prepardness ideas out there, on Pinterest, and the even the LDS church has a self reliance website called Provident Living. Visit them, learn more, be prepared! 
Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment