photo home_zpsd143792f.png photo About_zpsce4e5ab7.png photo portfolio_zps5df6240e.png photo NavBar5Photos_zpsc8efe369.png photo contact_zps2ba4ac0e.png

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday - Turkey Hairbow

Photobucket
It's tutorial Tuesday!! And I am so excited to bring you this tutorial. I apologize in advance if the pictures are crummy and to all the Momma's of little boys. I had every intention of completing a boy and girl tutorial, but...it's the holidays, and I am swamped! :)
 
 Anyway, here's today's tutorial, it's an easy faux turkey hairbow. I wanted something festive for my girls, but also not too goofy looking. Basically this bow looks like a turkey but is still super cute! 
 
Photobucket
 
Here's what you need, 

Photobucket
(1) 5 1/2 inch piece of 3/8 brown ribbon 
(I had to use brown binding because I was out of brown ribbon!)
(1) 3 inch piece of 3/8" red ribbon
(2) 3 inch pieces of 3/8" yellow ribbon 
(2) 3 inch pieces of 3/8" orange ribbon 
(1) 1 ribbon wrapped alligator clip 
Hot Glue Gun 
 
Step 1) Take your brown ribbon and wrap a small section at the top around to meet the ribbon. It will look like a small turkey head. :) Glue in place.
 
 
Photobucket

Step 2) Now take the rest of your ribbon and meet the back of the "turkey head". This will form the body. Glue in place.

Photobucket

Step 3) Next make each of your remaining ribbon into small loops to create the turkey's "feathers". Glue each at the bottom where the ribbon meets. 

Photobucket

Step 4) Now glue the ribbons to the back of your turkey in this order, yellow, orange, red (this should be above the turkey's head), orange, yellow. 

Photobucket

Step 5) Now glue the red, orange and yellow feathers on top of the ribbon feathers. 

Photobucket

Step 6) Attach the clip and you're done! 

Photobucket

Photobucket
If you have any questions, or run into any problems, don't hesitate to email me! 

And, just in case you missed my awesome holiday printables, check out my Thanksgiving ones HERE. There's everything you need to decorate for the feast!
You can also find my Christmas Organization Printables right HERE, or just click the button on the top of my sidebar!

 Have an amazing Tuesday everyone!

Photobucket
Linking up with:
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog via Just the Two of Us. This is so cute! I know Thanksgiving is over, but I definitely have to make this next year for my daughter! I am excited to read your blog! =]

    theadventurewagon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete