photo home_zpsd143792f.png photo About_zpsce4e5ab7.png photo portfolio_zps5df6240e.png photo NavBar5Photos_zpsc8efe369.png photo contact_zps2ba4ac0e.png

Monday, February 25, 2013

Tortellini Soup

I know, I  know, I've been missing again. Life is just super busy I guess. I am getting back into the swing of things, crafting, cooking and designing. I am excited to share some fun ideas with you soon!

For today I am sharing a delicious recipe I made the other day. My sister in law shared it in our family cookbook, I am not sure where she got it, but I hope she won't mind me sharing it here. It is super easy and can be made with mostly what you should have on hand. 
Here's the recipe, enjoy!



Tortellini Soup

1lb. sausage
1 sm. zuccini squash, fresh, sliced
1 sm. yellow squash
1 med. onion, coarsely diced
1 c. mushrooms, sliced, fresh (or 1 small can)
4 med. Carrots, fresh, sliced
1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
1 (14 oz.) can beef broth
1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 T. basil
1 T. parsley
1 T. oregano
1 T. Garlic salt
4 c. water
 1 pkg. cheese tortellini

Fry Sausage. Drain most of the fat. Add all other ingredients except tortellini. Let the mixture simmer until  the veggies are tender. Add the cheese tortellini and simmer until the tortellini starts floating and is cooked all the way through. About 5-7 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve with parmesan cheese on top!

- Gerilyn H.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment